Thursday, September 25, 2008

Biden Is A Gaffe Machine

Sen. Joe Biden is a gaffe waiting to happen. The more he speaks, the more feet he manages to get in his mouth.
Every time I see another mistake, I have to wonder what Sen. Obama was thinking when he chose this guy.
The other day during a rather odd conversation with Katie Couric, Biden claimed President Roosevelt addressed Americans on television in 1929.
"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed," Biden told Couric. "He said, 'Look, here's what happened."
Oops. Herbert Hoover happened to be president in 1929 and televisions were still a couple of decades off.
In a speech to the National Guard Association, Biden implied his helicopter was "forced down" by enemy fire while in Afghanistan.
"You want to know where bin Laden is, come back to Afghanistan with me. Come back to the area where my helicopter was forced down with a three star general and three senators at 10,500 feet in the middle of those mountains. I can tell you where they are," Biden claimed.
Oops. Biden was never fired upon ... not even close.
Biden hung Obama out to dry and challenged him to take his guns away during a United Mine Workers of America fish fry in Castlewood, Virginia.
"I guarantee you Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey ... They're going to start peddling that to you." Biden told the crowd that he is a gun owner. "I got two," Biden said, "if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem. I like that little over and under, you know? I'm not bad with it. So give me a break. Give me a break."
Wow. With running mates like that, who needs opposition.
There are others as well ... plenty of them. Believe it or not, the gaffes above have happened in the past week.
Obama would be smart to keep this guy under a rock somewhere because he does not help his ticket.
With the election a little more than five weeks away, there is no telling what else he may say. And don't forget, he has to debate Gov. Sarah Palin in the vice presidential debate. I wonder if Obama is worried about that?

No comments: